Sons of Liberty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disciplinary Action: Touchernow

4 posters

Go down

Disciplinary Action: Touchernow Empty Disciplinary Action: Touchernow

Post  Patriotism Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:11 am

Some of you may have taken note of the actions taken against one of our members on 6/18/2015 at 4am EST. Much of this incident has yet to have been addressed publicly with the guild due to the nature of the actions therein. This forum, will be to educate you on the situation surrounding his removal from the guild, why it happened, and to open a discussion on how to avoid incidents like this in the future.

6/17/2015 11am: Officer Alpawca logged onto the server and proceeded with his daily rituals. Consisting of face to face recruitment efforts with desirable players. During one of these sessions, we received reports from a potential recruit that a rogue had harassed him the night before, and refused to join as such. Alpawca was instructed by myself to open an inquiry with the individual and find a description of the guildie and the incident in question. The player whom we were interviewing named Touchernow by name, and described his character in full. Apparently, Toucher had been griefing him and cursing him out while he attempted to finish a quest. Which Toucher would not allow because he felt this individual was "a noob". With this, we confronted Toucher, and asked him IF this incident had taken place. When initially told " Toucher, we've received reports that you have been griefing and harassing other players" his response was as follows: "and?". Not very professional, or the appropriate way to address your GM. This particular issue was resolved with a warning, and instructions to be respectful to other players of the same faction minimum.

Fast foward a few hours, and it is now 6/18/2015. I (Patriotism) logged in to an extensive message from Alpawca saying that a previous member who we shall leave unnamed had /Gquit in response to abuse from a fellow guild member. The player's English was bad, and could not tell us exactly who had mistreated him. We did however confirm, that he was being ganked by a hordie, asked for help from a nearby Guildie, and was told to "fuck off". He let us know it was a gnome, and could not confirm any other details beyond that. Having been fully aware of Toucher's history, and him having been the only Gnome at the appropriate level at that time, we decided to question him about the incident to see if he knew anything about it.

Toucher responded with immediate hostile and defensive behavior (yet again disrespecting authority figures within the guild) and fervently denied his involvement. during the conversation that transpired however, he openly admitted to first hand knowledge of what had taken place. The following screenshots are evidence of such:
Disciplinary Action: Touchernow <a href=Disciplinary Action: Touchernow 1_zpswvxiuf4g" />

Then he showed blatant disregard for any sort of authority, AND seems to think that donations absolve you of having to comply with any sort of behavioral conduct:
Disciplinary Action: Touchernow <a href=Disciplinary Action: Touchernow 2_zpsomddwvv8" />

And then, he proceeded to threaten us, and the rest of the guild:
Disciplinary Action: Touchernow <a href=Disciplinary Action: Touchernow 3_zpscl2nmcuo" />

With this amount of evidence stacked against him, his behavior and attitude towards leadership, and lack of caring for the guild as a whole. We made the determination that he was no longer a necessary asset, and removed him from the guild entirely. We stand by this decision and hope that our community can come to realize that this was for the betterment of our guild.

At this point, we would like to open the forum to you guys, to leave suggestions on how perhaps we should go about avoiding these sorts of incidents in the future (whether it be rules or w/e) and how we should maybe handle them differently in the future. Let us know!

-- Patriotism

Patriotism
Admin

https://sonsoflibertyforum.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Disciplinary Action: Touchernow Empty Re: Disciplinary Action: Touchernow

Post  Alpawca Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:37 pm

We wish to conduct ourselves as professional and helpful all while having fun and being funny. By all means, kill those bastard Hordies, but be respectful. :3 Also, try to help fellow alliance (Guildies or non-guildies) whenever you can! Don't get yourself killed over it, but remember, one day you may need their help. Very Happy

Alpawca

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeyvallen Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:04 pm

I think that was fair. This is a smaller Gaming Community then traditional WoW, so getting along is even more beneficial/necessary I'd think. Smile

I think the line has been drawn well, a quick gank and your off is fine from time to time, but with constant harassment and vulgar obscenities being entirely unnecessary, I stand by the decision made here. Smile

Skeyvallen

Back to top Go down

Post  Patriotism Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:08 pm

@Skyevallen

The Ganking wasn't even an issue. We fully support world PvP and all the negative and positive aspects that come with it. The blatant disregard for anyone else's play experience (EVEN WITHIN HIS OWN GUILD)  is what lead to his inevitable demise.

Patriotism
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeyvallen Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:29 pm

Awe I misread some of that post. The griefing is entirely unnecessary. I think you handled it fine.

Skeyvallen

Back to top Go down

Disciplinary Action: Touchernow Empty Touchernow/guild recruitment

Post  Hellonheals Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:32 am

I fully support the actions that were taken with Touchernow.  We, as a guild, are friends and family or hope to become that.  We help each other and we also represent one another.  When someone is behaving the way Toucher was, it shines a dim light on Sons of Liberty as whole.

I also agree with the idea of rules for guild recruitment.  Some that I have been a part of are:

1.  Set a minimum number of times you must play with someone BEFORE they can be invited to the guild (ours was 3)
2.  Create an application that must be filled out in order to be considered for recruitment.  Ask those types of questions... What is your play style?  Are you interested in participating in helping out lower levels or newer players for the betterment of the guild?  you know... stuff like that.
3.  Don't allow everyone the ability to invite to the guild.  Leave that to yourselves, your officers, or whomever.  Then you know it was one of so many people who invited, you will also know that you can trust that the rules (whatever you set them to be) have been followed.

Twisted Evil  that's what I think!

Hellonheals

Back to top Go down

Post  Patriotism Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:20 pm

@Hellonheals

While those are great suggestions, and I can see that your experienced here. I do have to oppose every one of those points, and here is why.

1:Setting a minimum number of times played with an individual to get a "feel" for them before actual recruitment is extremely limiting for a number of reasons. Namely, we are currently playing on a private server (on the lower populated faction) wherein, many people are uncertain of their willingness to dedicate real time to what could be viewed as nothing more than nostalgic temporary play time. An inherent attribute accompanying private servers playerbases. A far more efficient method of what you suggest, we already implement during MOST (key word there being MOST) recruitment processes. Which is to simply hold a brief but meaningful conversation with the intended recruit. You don't even necessarily need to let on that you intend to recruit them at all.

2: Applications to help understand a players motives for joining a guild, and forcing them to put time in to something they have not yet been given a chance to sample, effectively puts off many players. Why sit down to prove your worthiness to a guild here, when over here, this guild is willing to take you in with open arms? We have to appear as though we WANT new people looking for new experiences, not like we're selective in who we bring in like a job in the real world. Though I do agree with making sure our players values, and goals align with that of our guild. Which is precisely why our recruitment messages whether World chat spam, or individual conversation always entail information regarding our playstyle, progression goals, and the like.

3: Officers and leadership only being able to invite people creates a logistical strain. Realistically, people are going to want friends, people they meet, alts, and all sorts of other things to get involved with the guild in the future. Often times, they are looking for immediate results. If I can't invite my best friend to partake in the same fun I'm having in my guild because the leadership wasn't on for the past few days, why would I stay in that guild? I could just go somewhere else, and join at the same time. So instead of potentially losing membership because I decided to take the weekend off, it is easier to allow most of the existing membership to invite their friends and so forth. However, I do agree, that sometime in the near future there need to be limitations put on lower ranking members of the community. Recruits being my primary focus on this matter. Once we have become a well established entity on the server, everyone just inviting anyone could be an issue. At this time, this does not seem to be a problem, but we attribute that to our lower population for the time being.

All in all, great ideas. Perhaps we should attempt creating some sort of comprehensive guide on what to look for when recruiting using our existing methods. And how to avoid undesirable members of the community who could potentially damage us and our reputation?

Patriotism
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellonheals Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:05 pm

@Patriotism

And that is why you are our leader.

I did not even think about the private server being an issue, but of course it would be. Everything you have mentioned honestly stems from just that. I just learned two months ago there was even such a thing as a private server and have already switched from one to Excalibur.

I think my brain was stuck in retail and how things work there. It IS an entirely different situation here.

And, I have to admit that I do not see the recruiting in general chat. I have it turned off. I think a guide that we can all access is great, but probably won't be read if it's too comprehensive or outside of the game.

Maybe we just leave it as you are the leader of this guild, and you get to decide who is in the guild...who fits...who doesn't...and the rest will figure it out themselves and leave. People in general want to be around like minded people. I mean We switched factions after playing with you because it was the most fun we'd had up until then. I guess not everyone is that crazy. LOL

Hellonheals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum